The lovely Emma from Mummy Musing's has kindly shared this recipe for Gingerbread Skeletons. Perfect for Halloween.
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60g golden syrup
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Writing icing
1. Preheat the oven to 200c
2. In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, then stir in the bicarbonate of soda, golden syrup and egg yolks. Sift in the flour, ginger and cinnamon. Using your hands, bring the mixture together to form a ball.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a thickness of ½cm. Use a 12cm gingerbread man cutter to stamp out 16 biscuits. Transfer the biscuits to the lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
4. Break off a few ‘limbs’ and use red and white writing icing to decorate.