Friday 25 November 2011

Tried & Tested Christmas Gifts for Adults £30 and Under



Price: £29.00 
Available from: Freyalingerie 
Suitable from: D cup through to HH 


Initial Reaction: A nursing bra for a yummy mummy. It was nice to find a nursing bra which was young and hip.


Pros:
  • The bra offers firm support
  • The bra is designed to support the entire breast
  •  The bra offers complete comfort
  • The bra has easy drop down cups
  • The bra has four hook settings at the back
  • The design features an all over mock broidery anglaise floral print combined with pretty lace and beautiful floral motif detailing
Cons: None 


Value for money? Yes 


Overall Reaction: I really like this bra; it has a lovely discrete pattern which makes you feel feminine and girly without being over the top. I found I had lots of support when wearing this bra and could easily release the clips to nurse my child. The straps are very soft and nice and thick too which makes it very comfortable. 


On the back strap there are four different hooks so the bra can be let out or taken in depending at what stage you at with nursing or pregnancy.


 Throughout my pregnancy and whilst I have been nursing I have searched for a nursing bra which suits me and I haven’t come across many that do. I found that the Freya Nursing bra ticked all of the boxes. 


I will continue to use this bra for as long as I am nursing as it fits really well and makes me feel good at the same time. It washes really well and holds it shape and size. I would buy this bra and I would recommend it to others.  


By Vicky 



Price: from £30
Available from:  Leia Lingerie 


Initial Reaction:  Felt really well made and the fabric was pretty


Pros:
  • Fits really well
  • Supportive
  • Washes well
  • Gives a great shape
  • Nice thick shoulder straps but they look pretty
  • Looks great
Cons:
  • The only problem I have was after a while the underwire started to hurt. However that is probably due to the fact that I haven’t worn an underwire bra since I was first pregnant.
Value for money? I struggle to find nice bra’s in my size and would pay any price and think that its quite reasonable for a decent bra. 


Overall Reaction:  I really love the shape and support this bra gives me. I can’t wear it all day as the underwire starts to hurts a little in the middle, but to be honest I would probably save a bra like this for going out.  Apart from that I found it great to wear and it is nice to find good bras in my size that aren’t dull and boring (38D). 


You can also get the matching knickers, shorts or thong to go with the bra




By Carol


Price: £20.95.
Available fromwww.sheercover.co.uk

Initial Reaction: This is packaged in a slim black case. It is a good size for both keeping in your handbag or having at home. There are a good selection of colours for day and night use.

Pro's: A great collection of colours, this is all you need for your lip gloss collection.

Con's: none

Value for money: You get six different colours so this is great value for money.

Overall Reaction: I like this collection. The colours are great ranging from nude to some which give you a little bit of colour. The gloss itself isn't too greasy and feels nice on your lips. Perfect for the party season.


By Ella




 Kit contains:
  • Large Metallic Make-Up Case
  • Mini Metallic Make-Up Case
  • Shimmer Stick
  • Compact with domed baked Powder Blush
  • Double Ended Lip Gloss
  • Double Ended Chunky Metallic Pencil in gold/copper shades
  • Holographic Glitter in doubloon
  • Iridescent Pigment in burnt carrot
  • Shadowbase
  • Double Ended Eye Applicator
  • Cheek Brush
Price: £25 
Available from: www.boots.com 


Initial Reaction: I was so excited when this turned up in the post. The make up is very exciting and completely different colours to what I am use to wearing but I am really eager to have a play with it.


Pros:
  • Funky make up which can be worn as loud and as discrete as you like
  • The set contains 7 funky products
  • The blusher comes with a brush to apply it and a mirror compact
  • The set comes with two bags. The large bag can be used at home as a make up bag and the other is small enough to hold the essentials in a handbag on a night out.
  • Two lip glosses in the one tube, so no need to carry more then one with you.
  • On the cardboard sleeve of the packaging is step by step tips on how to apply the make up
  Cons: NONE 


Value for money? Very good value for money as you get a lot of products. If these were bought separately it would cost a lot more. 


Overall Reaction: I’ve always wanted Frontcover make up but for some reason never got round to buying it or lucky enough to get it as a gift. So when this turned up in the post I was really excited. 


 My favourite products from this set are; the shimmer stick – the colour is perfect for me and goes onto the cheeks smoothly, It also smells really nice; the shadowbase as it is really versatile and the chunky metallic pencil . I really liked the pencil as you can be as bold as you like with it but you can also be discrete. The pencil can be applied really easily and looks really nice once on. 


I really like the lip glosses too, the colours are great and it feels lovely on. Actually in fact I love all of the products and am already planning nights out so that I can use this funky make up. This set is brilliant as a gift for someone or even better to spoil yourself with.   
By Vicky  










Includes:
  • Shave Now – Face wash and shave – 125ml
  • Cool Down – After Shave Moisturiser – 125ml
  • Razor
  • Vegan Shaving Brush
Price: £25.00 
Available from:  green people 

Initial Reaction: Comes in a nice gift box. High quality products 

Pros: Shave Now – Face wash and shave:
  • Made with natural, fairly-traded and organic ingredients.
  • Refreshing
  • Non-irritating
  • Precise close shaving from Gillette razor
  • Plant protein gently foams and helps prevent razor burn
  • Aloe Vera calms and soothes sensitive skin
  • Citrus for a refreshing sense of wellbeing
Cool Down – After Shave Moisturiser
  • Made with natural, fairly-traded and organic ingredients.
  • Cooling
  • Calms irritation
  • Calendula and Aloe Vera to hydrate and calm
  • Fairly Traded Shea Butter is highly nourishing
  • Mint and Eucalyptus cool and refresh reddened skin
  Cons:
  • I would have liked to have seen a higher percentage of organic ingredients.                        (Moisturiser 93% / Shave now 80%)
Value for money? Expensive but worth the money. 

Overall Reaction: Its nice to see a set that not only contains a good size of product but also to come with a razor that you can buy replacement heads for long after the products have run out. The Shaving gel smells great and is very refreshing to use with its citrus flavour whilst at the same time not being overpowering which I think many products can be. I found the moisturiser again to be a great product which wasn’t greasy and quickly absorbed which I think is important especially for a men’s skin product. 

Overall a well packaged gift that I would love to receive and a great addition to the range.   

Price:  £24.99 
Available from: WEN 


Initial Reaction: great looking product, I hope its as good as it smells. Great size products.


Pros: 


 WEN Texture Balm
  • Smells great
  • Easy to apply
  • Great size for taking with you.
WEN Re-Moist Intensive Hair Treatment.
  • Smells great
  • Lasts long
  • Easy application
  • Great results
WEN Styling Crème
  • Smelt great
  • Didn’t make my hair look like I hair styling products in.
WEN Cleaning Conditioner
  • Smells great
  • Easy Application
  • A good size product
Cons


 WEN Texture Balm
  • Doesn’t really last long
WEN Re-Moist Intensive Hair Treatment
  • None
WEN Styling Crème
  • Didn’t keep my hair in the desired style
  • Made my hair very fluffy
  • didn’t have clear instructions on how to use it.
WEN Cleaning Conditioner
  • Left my hair feeling greasy
  • Takes a lot of time to wash out properly.
Value for Money? Yes 


 Overall Reaction:  It’s a nice gift set for someone though some of the products were not ideal for my hair. The Re-Moist Intensive Hair Treatment was my favourite product in the set. 


  By Dani





Price:  £30.62 
Available from: Avenquest 


Initial Reaction:  There is so much to do I didn't know where to start!
  
Pros:
  • You can make so many things with this: Cards, calendars, photo cubes
  • Over 200 new designs
  • 16,000 graphics
  • Photo editor
  • It’s really simple to use and the results are fantastic
  • easy to install
Cons:
  • None
Value for money? Yes you will save a fortune on cards 


Overall Reaction:  This is simple to use and so much to do. I had great fun designing cards and other great projects. The photo editor is great and it also has an event planner so you can add all your birthday’s and you will never forget! Great gift for the friends and family that love making their own cards and gifts. My mother in law has taken my copy!


   


By Carol  




Price:  £22.47 
Available from:  Amazon 


Initial Reaction:  Let’s get dancing! If you enjoyed the first two then you will love this one! 
Just Dance 3 - Special Edition

Pros:
  • New dance modes added including crew mode is hilarious.
  • You can work out as well and dance along
  • 13 playlist, the 80’s is my favourite
  • Lots of fun
Cons:
  • None
Value for money? Yes 


Overall Reaction:  Lots of fun, great game for all the family to play. Be warn it gets addictive and competitive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this was useful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin