In the past few weeks we have had, snow, torrential rain and lots of fog. It’s enough to make you want to hibernate!
Unfortunately we can't do that and have to get out and about. Most families have a car and it’s important that you are prepared for the bad weather.
Here are some tips to make sure you don't get caught out:
- Ensure you have good tires, are they blown up enough? Is the tread sufficient? Do you need winter tyres?
- Check your water and oil levels.
- Check your car for damage including lights and wipers.
- Have an emergency pack in the boot of the car with water, snacks, dry change of clothes, a torch, spare batteries and blanket.
- Get your car serviced.
- Make sure you are prepared when going on long journeys; check the weather and traffic reports.
- Drive carefully! Leave yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.