Wednesday 9 June 2010

Review - England Cake

Only a few days to go before the World Cup starts, I’m sure you are all thrilled! As per usual there is an England game on my Birthday, I better not spend it watching it (are you reading OH?)

To make the pain of England bombing out (let’s face it we will) a little easier to handle why not buy an Official England Cake.

I was sent one a few weeks ago to try, I know it’s such a hard life but someone has to do it! For a shop bought cake is surprising moist. It’s a sponge cake filled with jam and butter cream with a covering of sugar paste, I have to admit the sugar paste was too sweet for us but the sponge underneath was really nice.

I would have taken a picture of BG eating it but she practically inhaled her piece so I didn’t get a chance.

The cake also comes with a band of football stickers so if the game doesn’t live up too much you can always play with them!!

The cake is available in Tesco’s and Morrison’s, it serves 12 (or 3 in our house) and costs £6.99. A great extra for you England celebrations.   

NM X 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this was useful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin