Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Kiddy Car Seats

Recently I was invited along with a group of bloggers to a small town in Germany called Hoff to visit the HQ of Kiddy. I have to admit that I had never heard of Kiddy until I was invited along but I am so glad that I did.
Kiddy are a family run company specialising in impact shield car seats. They have been developing car seats for over 30 years and rate very highly in safety tests. Here Kiddy explains the impact shield is and does:

The original kiddy impact shield is made of highly shock-absorbing materials and offers the best impact protection in the event of a head-on collision. The risk of dangerous neck injuries is reduced by the fact that the impact forces are directed into the impact shield, and this prevents the baby's head from being abruptly thrown forward or backward, as in a child seat with a conventional shoulder harness. The original kiddy impact shield has undergone further refinements and has been optimised. An additional energy-absorbing layer has now been integrated into the impact shield surface in the kiddy energy pro and kiddy guardian pro seats. The high-performance material installed at the core of the original kiddy impact shield has to date absorbed 60% of the energy created in a crash – so the newly integrated layer takes care of the remaining 40%

I found the visit fascinating to see how the seats had improved over the years but also how all the departments worked together. They have the most amazing technology to ensure that these seats are incredibly safe. There is two things about Kiddy that I will take away from the trip:

1. They are incredibly passionate about what they do. When you hear them speak about Kiddy and their products they really love them.

2. Safety above all else is paramount to them.

Here is a great video that shows how they and the car seats work.

When we were at HQ we got the chance to have a look and test their new products including some very cool Carry Systems, unfortunately only their car seats are available in the UK at the moment (the prams are fabulous)

What I found when testing the car seats was that they are really light and easy to install, though I didn’t have a wriggly toddler to contend with. You can see why Which? and Stiftung Warentest rate them.

The most recent Car Seats are the Guardian Pro2 and the Crusierfix Pro.

Guardian Pro2 rrp £220 – 9 months to 12 Years


  • Impact Shield
  • Kiddy Shock Absorber
  • Breathable fabrics
  • One hand adjustable in height and width
  • Shoulder Rests
  • Adjustable Snooze Position
  • Extendable and elevated leg support

Crusierfix Pro rrp £129 – 4 to 12 years


  • Impact Shield
  • Kiddy Shock Absorber
  • Breathable fabrics
  • One hand adjustable in height and width
  • Shoulder Rests
  • Extendable and elevated leg support – 3 Stage Leg Extention
  • Approved for use on aircraft
  • Comes with Kiddy K-fix connectors so can be used with isofix systems. Also has a quick retraction mechanism so not fiddling.

You can search for your nearest Kiddy stockists.

You can find Kiddy on Facebook and Twitter.

I am really impressed with these car seats and will considering one when BG grows out of hers, which to be honest won’t be long. I would highly recommend you look at Kiddy when you are looking for a car seat.

By Carol 

Kiddy paid for my travel to Hoff and then a trip to Berlin. This does not effect my views on the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this was useful


Blog Widget by LinkWithin