Tuesday 13 September 2011

Review: Zumba Classes v Zumba DVD v Zumba Wii


A funny thing happened to me, the day I signed up to local Zumba classes I was offered Zumba DVD’s and Zumba on the Wii to review. I thought this would be a great chance to compare all three!

Zumba combines Latin and International music with a fun and effective workout system. With classes and instructors worldwide, anyone can Join the Party!

Zumba Classes

I was a little bit worried about attending a class as I hadn’t done exercise is a very long time. However there was no need to worry, the instructor was great and everyone is concentrated on the moves that you don’t have time to feel self-conscious.

The classes are an hour long, with a warm up at the beginning and a cool down at the end. We do several different dance styles such as reggae and hip hop.  The instructor goes through the moves and them you put them all together.

It’s really fast and hard work but actually lots of fun.  You have a small gap between each different dance which gives you a chance to catch your breath and have a drink.

Take plenty of water with you!

You can find classes all over the UK. Do a search here for local ones.


In the kit you get:

Zumba® Basics & 20-Minute Express
Zumba® Sculpt & Tone
Zumba® Cardio Party
Zumba® Total Body Transformation Guide

Bonus:

Two Zumba® Toning Sticks 
Zumba® LIVE! & Flat Abs DVD Workouts 

I really enjoyed the DVD’s they are a great mixture of cardio and toning and you can do it in the privacy of your own home.

They are easy to follow and you have the bonus of doing it in your own time, whenever you want. Ideal for busy women that can’t fit in a class.

I think it’s a great price for what you get.


The Zumba for the Will comes with a belt which acts like a motion sensor so you can see if you are doing it right, which I thought was great.

You can choose from 30 different routines and 9 different dance styles. I love that you can record your progress and plan a weekly exercise plan.

I found the instructions easy to follow and got a real buzz when I could see I was doing it right. You can choose from Beginner, Intermediate and Advance, I’m still on beginner!

You can even just learn the steps which is great when you have no co-ordination like me!

Again like the DVD you have the added bonus of being able to do it whenever you want.

The cheapest I found the game was for £21.67 on Amazon.

Conclusion

I enjoyed all three of the Zumba’s, I prefer to go to a class when I can because you really get the energy from the other people.

The DVD and Wii game are great if you want to do it at home. If I had to choose I would say the Wii game just pips it for me.

Happy Zumba!

By Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this was useful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin