Monday 12 November 2012

Warner Bros DVD Review: Rock of Ages



“Rock of Ages” tells the story of small town girl Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. Their rock ‘n’ roll romance is told through the heart-pounding hits of Def Leppard, Foreigner, Journey, Poison, REO Speedwagon, Twisted Sister and more.

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this film I had read mixed reviews but decided to watch it myself and make up my own mind.

The story line isn’t the strongest, it’s a bit wishy washy in places but it didn’t stop me from enjoying the film. The music is full on cheesy rock which is right up my street. Tom Cruise who I am not the biggest fan off is quite frankly hilarious, I am not sure if he is supposed to but he made me laugh.

Catherine Zeta Jones is brilliant in this film though my favourite story line involves Russell Brand (with the worse brummy accent) and Alex Baldwin.

Yes this a cheesy and predictable film but it doesn’t stop it being fun to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this was useful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin