Wednesday 9 March 2011

Parent Panel Review - Barbie - A Fairy Secret DVD

Price: £7.97
Available from: Amazon,  
Suitable from: For all ages
AboutWhen Ken is suddenly whisked away by a group of fairies, Barbie’s two fashion stylist friends reveal they themselves are actually fairies and that Ken has been taken to a magical secret fairy world not far away!

Barbie and her rival Raquelle take off with their fairy friends on an action-packed journey to bring him back. Along the way they learn that they must stick together and discover that the real magic lies not just in the fairy world itself but in the power of friendship.

Initial Reaction: Its Barbie...expecting lots of pink and fluff. Kids said it sounds boring.

Pros: Short enough so kids don’t get bored, know who the main character is , good for younger kids , cute animation

Cons: Story is a little shallow and did not hold my interest at all.  

Value for money? Yes

Overall Reaction:  For me I found the movie rather boring and after 5 minutes had my book out but the kids seemed to enjoy it (and they don’t normally watch movies. They had seem Barbie before on Nick Jnr so this was something similar to them) . My 5 year old said “it was a fun movie, I liked Barbie and I liked the Fairies and it made me laugh and i want to watch it all over again” . So while I would not recommend it Know my girls do and as the movie is aimed at them then I would say it is a winner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this was useful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin