love a home with a real fire whether it has gas fires or electric fires I think it’s make it cosier.
However with a fire comes great responsibility, according to Directgov Fire is one of the most common causes of accidental death or injury. Of course with a gas fire you must also be careful about carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some things to bear in mind when it comes to fires and children
- Make sure it is fitted correctly but someone who is qualified. Direct Fires only used full trained installers
- Keep the room well ventilated and have a carbon monoxide detector
- Never leave a young child in a room with a fire on their own
- Use a fire guard where possible
- Talk to young children about fire safety
- Teach children fire instructions including what to do if they find a fire, how to call 999 and teach them their address
- Install a smoke alarm
- Make sure matches and lighters are out of children’s reach
- Cover empty plug sockets
Fire safety is a serious subject and should be priority in any home.
How have you taught your child about fire safety?
A featured post by DirectFires